Machine Made Casual Kilt in Medium Weight Wool
Men’s machine made casual kilt that is manufactured in Scotland. This kilt is made from 5 yards of medium weight tartan fabric of your choice. We do have a large range of tartans available, but if you do not see the tartan you are after, please contact our experienced sales team at 01896 208 007, as they may be able to cater to your needs.
The machine made casual kilt has the following features
- 3 leather kilt belts
- 2 belt loops on the back of the kilt that are cut and sewn to match the pattern of the kilt
- The apron is double fringed
- The kilt is lined with a 100% cotton lining for comfort when wearing
- Included with your purchase is tartan flashes to match, and garters
- This is a quality machine made casual kilt that will last you for years to come, and will become an heirloom in your family.
NOTE: Our kilts are sent to you with a tacking stitches along the bottom of the pleats to keep the shape of the pleats whilst in transit. These are easily removable.
Lead Time & Delivery
Lead time is 3-5 weeks for our machine made casual kilts. This lead time is based on ordering fabric, cutting the cloth, the time it takes our experienced kilt makers to stitch your kilt to your precise measurements, pressing of the kilt, and of course delivery time. We try our best to keep up to date with stock levels at the tartan mills, and they do their best to keep all tartans in stock. However, if the tartan you have selected is temporarily out of stock we will update you accordingly. If you would like to ensure your tartan is in stock please contact our sales team at 01896 208 007.
We are unable to offer exchange or refund on made to measure items, as it is unlikely that we will be able to resell your made to measure kilt in the tartan that you have chosen. For this reason it is HIGHLY recommended that when measuring yourself, you adhere to the guide below, and remeasure yourself to ensure accuracy. If possible get measured by a seamstress or tailor.
Kilt Measuring Guide
For many, the thought of self measuring for Highland dress may seem quite daunting, but by following a few basic instructions this need not cause concern.
There are two golden rules.
- DO NOT attempt to do this alone. It is essential that you get someone else to do the measuring as it is quite impossible to do this yourself with any degree of accuracy.
- Use a proper tailor’s measuring tape. This may sound obvious but you’d be amazed at the number of folk who try to make do with a 6 inch ruler and a piece of string! It never works
Finally, if you need any advice, or are not sure of something, don’t hesitate to contact us at 01896 208 007.
WAIST (d) It is important to have the correct “starting point” which is 2 inches above the hip bone, usually at the navel. From this starting point measure around the stomach – this is the waist measurement. Note, the waist measurement that we are looking for is not the same as a trouser waist measurement, as the kilt is worn higher the waist measurement is usually greater than the trouser measurement.
SEAT (e) Take the widest area across the bottom, and measure around, do not put the tape measure tight, this should be a fairly loose measurement.
LENGTH (f) Whilst kneeling on the floor and keeping your back upright. Look straight ahead then measure from the navel to the floor. This will give you the correct finished length, which is mid-knee. There is a temptation to lean forward to view the measurement but this causes an inaccurate length measurement. It is essential that someone else does the measuring for you, as it is impossible to take this measurement accurately by yourself.